Problem with ImportC example?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 22:11:46 UTC 2023

On 1/17/23 12:02, DLearner wrote:

> [...]

I don't use Windows for development but that error message makes me
think cl.exe is not found to be executed.

dmd relies on system compiler programs for its ImportC feature. cl.exe
seems to be the compiler. I think it is the compiler.

Can you run that program from the command line?

Internet makes me think Visual Studio does not install it by default.
(?) You may have to select C++ (or C?) when installing. (?)

 > FWIW, now tried a few standard D programs, work fine.
 > Suggesting VS is not the problem?

Standard D programs don't need a C compiler; dmd is the D compiler. It
needs a C compiler (to preprocess C sources) for ImportC.

Ali