Library object name collision

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Jan 24 08:15:55 UTC 2023

On 24/01/2023 8:59 PM, frame wrote:
> Also why have most objects an unique postfix in the name but those files
> havn't? It's mostly a `__ModuleInfoZ` or `__initZ` but not always.

Symbols which end in __ModuleInfoZ are symbols that hold per-module
information for features like unittests and module constructors.

Symbols which end in __initZ hold information on types, specifically
their default initialization state.

So if these two are missing, and they should be there, you have a problem.

Now wrt. LNK4255, I'm not sure why its doing this. You haven't shown how
you're building. But if you're doing it manually you may want to try:

   -od=<directory>   write object & library files to directory
   -of=<filename>    name output file to filename
   -op               preserve source path for output files