Need some technical help an object oriented wrapper I am creating for bindbc.sfml

beerboy.22 cameron_shea at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:21:21 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 08:18:53 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 06:32:35 UTC, Christian Köstlin
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Btw I understand this question is extremely complex, don't
>>> want to pressure anyone to help me because of that... but any
>>> sort of assistance or leads would be greatly... greatly
>>> apprecaited...
>> I do not know anything about sfml, but could you try a simpler
>> shape, e.g. circle (that is a primitive on the native side).
>> perhaps the winding order of your vertices is wrong?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Christian
>
> thanks for the reply
>
> That also - unfortunately - doesn't seem to work.
>
>  I would love to see some proper examples for creating shapes
> but the docs for bind-bc didn't have any :|

As per
https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.5/graphics-shape.php#custom-shape-types:

> You must also call the update() protected function whenever any
> point in your shape changes, so that the base class is informed
> and can update its internal geometry.

The example shows calls to `update()` in the setters and in the
constructor. The D method for binding this looks like `void
sfShape_update(sfShape* shape);`.