How to a link to a C library to create static bindings?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:28:52 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 28 January 2023 at 02:40:58 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:

> I am really confused as to how I even am supposed to get the
> library name in the first place, which is another thing that is
> confusing me.

It is up to the library author to choose a name. The extensions
is `.so/.dll/.dylib` for shared libraries on nix/Windows/Mac and
`.a/.lib/???` for static libraries.

The second part, this looks like sfml graphics depends on sfml
render or window or something like that, you'd better check
`readelf -d sfml-render.so | grep 'NEEDED'` if you have dynamic
libs to get a clue what it might need, or go search library that
contains missing symbols by hand.