Bug in usage of associative array: dynamic array with string as a key

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Sat Jul 1 00:42:29 UTC 2023

On Friday, 30 June 2023 at 21:25:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 07:05:23PM +0000, Cecil Ward via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote: [...]
>
> It would help if you could post the complete code that
> reproduces the problem. Or, if you do not wish to reveal your
> code, reduce it to a minimal case that still exhibits the same
> problem, so that we can see it for ourselves.  The snippets you
> provided do not provide enough information to identify the
> problem.

I would indeed need to cut it down massively, as the original
code is ~2k lines. Mind you, I will just end up with the example
at https://dlang.org/spec/hash-map.html#testing_membership in the
language docs, under associative arrays - 13.3 testing
membership. Would anyone else care to try that example out as
that might be quicker? That’s because as all I did was copy that
basically, with the only substantive change being deleting the
variable p, but I’m still testing whether or not I get a null
pointer.

I thought I had checked that the insertions were all as expected,
so I’ll go and recheck that next.