Garbage Collectors

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 19 07:44:28 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 19 July 2023 at 07:24:06 UTC, IchorDev wrote:
> So, D’s default garbage collector is the one named
> “conservative” in DRuntime…
> I see there’s also “manual” which doesn’t actually function as
> a GC, which is interesting.
> Nothing says what ProtoGC is… so I guess it’s useless.
> Has anyone ever published any custom GCs? A search through the
> dub package registry yielded nothing. How hard would it be to
> port (for instance) a Java GC to D’s interface?

Forking GC was introduced some time ago. But I don't think it is
quite different from regular
(https://forum.dlang.org/post/tf8mbo$1jvp$1@digitalmars.com)

There are some posts about it GCs, but I don't think anything was
released.
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/jquklsqxtfgvsezrcuzu@forum.dlang.org?page=1
https://forum.dlang.org/post/yonbmhifafbyjhwpcixp@forum.dlang.org