Recommendation on plotting library

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Thu Jul 20 04:41:48 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 20 July 2023 at 03:58:05 UTC, Andrew wrote:
> If you're already using python, it's probably best to keep
> using that.

Oh of course.  Examples *have* to be provided in python, since
that's the default language of science these days.  But extra
examples don't hurt, and it would be nice to see D along side
other options.  I find these days that my D "scripts" are about
the same size as my python scripts, which is really surprising
for a compiled language.

I just tried ggplotd and it was easy to make it work on Linux,
only one external apt command needed, but on Windows, even that
is a deal breaker.  Package management on Windows seems to be
wild-west/nonexistent.

Side musing... Since I've seen many people use anaconda on
Windows, I wonder how hard it would be to make a conda package
that provided dmd+dub?