Recommendation on plotting library

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Fri Jul 21 07:03:47 UTC 2023

On Friday, 21 July 2023 at 06:15:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 10:57:22 PM MDT Chris Piker via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

> Regardless though, dub really isn't designed with packaging
> anything in mind. Rather, it's designed to build your code as
> well as pull in D libraries that it usees and build those too.
> Anyone looking to actually package stuff would create a package
> from what was built with dub (e.g. with deb, rpm, flatpacks,
> etc.).

So as far as I can tell, python pip originally only dealt with
python code, but eventually wheels were added for binary support.
  Just as a wild guess, do you see dub ever evolving in that
direction?  All the reasons for not supporting pre-compiled
binaries in pip apply to dub, but yet support was added anyway,
and it's been wildly successful.

I know it's hard to make predictions (especially about the
future), but I'd be interesting in your opinion on the matter.