Recommendation on plotting library

Greggor foobar at notvalid.nope
Fri Jul 21 17:40:25 UTC 2023

On Friday, 21 July 2023 at 15:12:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, July 21, 2023 1:03:47 AM MDT Chris Piker via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> On Friday, 21 July 2023 at 06:15:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>> wrote:
>> > On Thursday, July 20, 2023 10:57:22 PM MDT Chris Piker via
>> > Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> >
>> > Regardless though, dub really isn't designed with packaging
>> > anything in mind. Rather, it's designed to build your code
>> > as well as pull in D libraries that it usees and build those
>> > too. Anyone looking to actually package stuff would create a
>> > package from what was built with dub (e.g. with deb, rpm,
>> > flatpacks, etc.).
>>
>> So as far as I can tell, python pip originally only dealt with
>> python code, but eventually wheels were added for binary
>> support.
>>   Just as a wild guess, do you see dub ever evolving in that
>> direction?  All the reasons for not supporting pre-compiled
>> binaries in pip apply to dub, but yet support was added anyway,
>> and it's been wildly successful.
>>
>> I know it's hard to make predictions (especially about the
>> future), but I'd be interesting in your opinion on the matter.
>
> I'd be very surprised if dub added support for pre-compiled
> binaries - particularly since D isn't generally binary
> compatible across releases - but I really don't know what the
> folks working on dub want to do with it.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Dependency management sucks for windows and I understand wanting
the ability to just do dub run and have it “just work tm”.

Up to date versions of Windows 10 should have curl included and
dub can run commands before building, so you could try
downloading a prebuilt lib for windows via curl.
https://everything.curl.dev/get/windows