Recommendation on plotting library

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Sat Jul 22 06:46:02 UTC 2023

Thanks for the both of the long replies.  I've ready them twice
and will do so again.  To focus in on one aspect of D package
support:

On Saturday, 22 July 2023 at 02:24:08 UTC, Greggor wrote:
> In general whenever possible I think its better for everyone
> that stuff is built from source. It ensures that builds can be
> re-produced by anyone and that issues with building are caught
> fast by anyone consuming the library.

I agree 100%.  I've run into similar python package hell dealing
with Tensor flow on Rocky Linux 8, since it wasn't Ubuntu.  The
problem is we're small, and many dependencies are already written
in C, and dub is not setup to handle C dependencies.  If I could
turn my legacy C projects (pre-processor macros and all) into dub
projects I'd do so as fast as possible.

If dub supported two things:

1. Building C projects

2. Installing the resulting binaries in "site-packages" or
similar.

many, many project kickstart issues would be solved.

Like C++, D is designed as a successor to C.  It would be nice to
bring C into the party with full dub support.