Which D compiler is the most maintained and future-proof? [DMD GDC and LDC]

Ernesto Castellotti erny.castell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:59:37 UTC 2023

On Monday, 24 July 2023 at 13:51:18 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
Cattermole wrote:
> On 25/07/2023 1:26 AM, devosalain wrote:
>> I could be interesting to also compare the licenses of the 3
>> compilers.
>
> There isn't a huge difference between them.
>
> The frontend, druntime and most of phobos (minus zlib and curl)
> are all Boost regardless of compiler.
>
> That just leaves backends, which depends upon GCC and LLVM. So
> if you can use GCC and Clang, your fine to use GDC and LDC.

As far as I know any contribution to GCC has to be done under a
GPLv3 compatible license (like Boost) and then it's all
redistributed under GPLv3+Runtime Exception clause despite having
other licenses previously.
So GDC since it went mainline GCC should be distributed under
GPLv3.