Syntax for Static Import of User Define Attributes

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:10:21 UTC 2023

On Friday, 28 July 2023 at 11:54:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 7/28/23 4:15 AM, Vijay Nayar wrote:
>
> I tried it and it worked for me. The template-argument syntax
> is normal. It's just a list of types or expressions (i.e. not a
> function argument list)
>
> What is the error?
>
> -Steve

You're right, I must have tried something slightly different
without realizing it. The syntax that works seems to be to
enclose the entire fully-qualified-name of the
user-defined-attribute along with all its arguments within
parentheses.

However, this makes me wonder. Is there any reason why the `@`
shouldn't recognize the dots in a fully-qualified-name on its
own, without the need for parentheses?