Perspective Projection

Ruby The Roobster michaeleverestc79 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:26:59 UTC 2023

On Friday, 28 July 2023 at 16:20:26 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Friday, 28 July 2023 at 16:08:43 UTC, Ruby The Roobster
> wrote:
>> Everything displays fine (with orthographic projection, of
>> course) if you leave the projection as the identity matrix,
>> but setting it as I have done results in a blank screen.
>
> How do you pass the matrix to OpenGL? Be careful that gl3n uses
> row major matrices, but OpenGL uses column major matrices, so
> you either need to transpose it yourself, or pass `true` to the
> `transpose` argument in `glUniformMatrix4fv`.

Thank you very much!  Changing GL_FALSE to GL_TRUE in all of the
`glUniformMatrix4fv` calls resulted in something being displayed,
though very incorrectly.  As it turns out, there is an
inconsistency in the gl3n API, that you write a rotation matrix
in radians, but you must write the FOV in degrees.  After that,
it worked as it was supposed to.