how to skip empty field in csvReader?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 15:48:24 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 6 June 2023 at 14:18:25 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 6/6/23 1:09 AM, mw wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to tell csvReader to skip such empty fields?
>
> What I have done is specify that it's a string, and then handle
> the conversion myself.

The std library need to be enhanced to skip such empty field
(very simple change I think), it's a common scenario in real
world data, which Python can handle easily.

> Possibly it can use Nullable, but I'm not sure.
>
>> Or, is there another CSV reader library with this
>> functionality I can use?
>
> I don't know how much of this is supported in tsv-utils but you
> might give it a look.

https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils

Do you know if there is any API doc?

Readme only has command line doc.