ldc link error on new machine: undefined reference to `_D6object9Throwable7messageMxFNbNfZAxa'

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Thu Jun 15 01:20:50 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 12:49:30AM +0000, mw via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I switched to a different machine to build my project, suddenly I got
> lots of link errors. (It builds fine on the old machine, and my
> software version are the same on both machines LDC - the LLVM D
> compiler (1.32.2))

Recently encountered a similar problem, ultimately the cause was that my
library paths turned out to be wrongly set, so it was picking up the
wrong version of the precompiled libraries.  Probably you could check
whether the library paths in ldc2.conf are set correctly, and also
double-check whether the libraries at those paths are actually the
correct ones for your compiler version (you may have installed the wrong
libraries in the right paths).  Mixing up libraries from different LDC
releases tend to show up as link errors of this kind.

The computer is only a tool. Unfortunately, so is the user. -- Armaphine, K5