Running LDC on a recent MacOS

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:14:19 UTC 2023

On 6/16/23 11:56 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> So I've got my hands on one of 'em MacPros. Great machine, nice build
> quality.
>
> Next order of business is to run D on the box, so I've downloaded
> universal binaries off ldc's release page. When I try to run any of the
> binaries nasty message box comes out to tell me it doesn't recognise the
> author of the binary. Any attempt to bypass the message turns to failure
> for me.
>
> Any advice from MacOS users?

Yep.

Go into settings, then privacy and security. Make sure "App store and
identified developers" is checked.

On that page, you will see probably a thing saying "you tried to run
ldc2 but I blocked it". Say "allow anyway".

Then try it again. This time, it will still block it, but ask you if you
want to run it.

-Steve