How does D’s ‘import’ work?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sun Jun 18 21:51:14 UTC 2023

On Sunday, June 18, 2023 2:24:10 PM MDT Cecil Ward via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> I wasn’t intending to use DMD, rather ldc if possible or GDC
> because of their excellent optimisation, in which DMD seems
> lacking, is that fair? (Have only briefly looked at dmd+x86 and
> haven’t given DMD’s back end a fair trial.)

In general, dmd is fantastic for its fast compilation speed. So, it works
really well for developing whatever software you're working on (whereas ldc
and gdc are typically going to be slower at compiling). And depending on
what you're doing, the code is plenty fast. However, if you want to maximize
the efficiency of your code, then you definitely want to be building the
binaries that you actually use or release with ldc or gdc.

- Jonathan M Davis