A couple of questions about arrays and slices

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Wed Jun 21 23:53:08 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 21 June 2023 at 04:52:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 20, 2023 8:09:26 PM MDT Cecil Ward via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> When slicing, the end index is exclusive. e.g.
>
> [...]

Actually concerning the garbage, I was rather hoping that it
_would_ be garbage so as to avoid the cost of a zero-fill in time
and also possibly in cache pollution, unless it uses the
non-temporal cache-friendliness management tech that is found on
eg x86.