Counting an initialised array, and segments

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Mon Jun 26 22:31:22 UTC 2023

On Monday, 26 June 2023 at 22:19:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, June 26, 2023 1:09:24 PM MDT Cecil Ward via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> [...]

I completely agree with everything you said. I merely used
aliases to give me the freedom to switch between having text in
either UTF16 or UTF32 in memory, and see how the performance
changes. That’s the only reason for me doing that. I also want to
keep a clear distinction between words in me memory and code
points in registers.