Bug in DMD?

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Mar 3 01:03:03 UTC 2023

On 03/03/2023 10:38 AM, ryuukk_ wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 March 2023 at 21:21:14 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
> Cattermole wrote:
>> There isn't anything we can do without source.
>>
>> But here is what I would do in this situation:
>>
>> 1. Look at the assembly at the point of debug break, from here it
>> should give you hints as to why its trying to write to
>> dawn.assets.Resource init array.
>> 2. Dustmite, so we have something we can work with.
>
> I have no idea what does 1. mean, as for 2. do you have a link for a
> guide how to setup "dustmite"?

When debugging, native debuggers i.e. Visual Studio, will provide you
with the disassembly of the function currently being executed. Between
this and other entries in the call stack, you can generally figure out
what the statement is being executed just by looking at things like call
instructions. The symbols there will be accurate.