Use dub to create source lib and executables

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Sat Mar 4 21:38:05 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 4 March 2023 at 21:31:09 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
Cattermole wrote:
> Yes dub was setup to cover the most common cases, but ignores
> when you have multiple outputs. Not ideal.
>
> There is a PR to add build steps currently, which will help
> improve things, so there is work to make dub better at these
> less common use cases.
>
> The simplest solution is to do one package per binary, then use
> a shell script to trigger them in succession, not great but a
> workable solution.

It's interesting to hear that multiple outputs are rare for other
developers.

So I was hoping to do away with shell scripts (or make) since dub
is common on all systems, but alas it's not worth the effort, so
I won't continue to try and make `"targetType":"none"` work.

By the way, do you know if there will be a dub "build-all" type
command in the future?