Using bindbc-sdl with D

idsize idouglas3800 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 02:12:45 UTC 2023

I started learning D a few weeks ago and am enjoying it so far. I
would like to use SDL with D and found bindbc-sdl, but I cannot
figure out how to make it work.

 From my understanding, I'll need to use 'dub fetch bindbc-sdl' to
download it, and then run 'dub build bindbc-sdl' to build it,
before I can use it. Fetching it works, but it always fails to
build. I get this error: 'failed launching cl.exe /P
/Zc:preprocessor /PD /nologo ... '.

Additionally, a more general question about bindbc, is it
possible to skip using dub altogether? Like would placing the
bindbc files inside of 'C:\D\dmd2\src\druntime\import' work
directly?