@nogc and Phobos

bomat Tempest_spam at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 20:40:39 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 11 March 2023 at 22:14:36 UTC, rempas wrote:
> The `foreach` will cover your needs like you said but
> ironically enough, I like and use the original `for` loop.

Thanks for your reply as well, rempas... I guess I covered most
things in my earlier reply, but on the `for` loop:
Coming from Basic and then Pascal, when I first saw that atrocity
I was like... seriously? I think most people don't see it anymore
because they have become so used to it, but the sequence of abort
condition and increment steps is completely arbitrary, and commas
and semicolons are used like literally *nowhere else* in the
language (C and C++ that is, not sure yet about D). It's a marvel
of inconsistency.
I don't mind it as much today, since I must have written
thousands of `for` loops by now and I do it totally
automatically. I just don't know how it could become such a
success story in so many languages and it *just*. *won't*. *die*.
:)

> Well, the competition is pretty weak, yeah. Tho based on my
> experience, it doesn't worth to waste your time on anything
> else at this point. We can speak about trying a different
> language after mine is out ;)

Sounds intriguing. Anything I can look at yet? Or still all top
secret? :)