How to debug and watch globals in windows debugger?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:49:39 UTC 2023

To clarify, i tested both dmd/ldc, they both doesn't work on
windows

To clarify even more:

I am a mere user who wants to debug its program on windows using
vscode's debugger wich uses msvc

I can debug a c/rust/zig executable without issue and see globals

The problem only happens with dmd/ldc

Is it broken by design for decade and nothing should and could be
done about it?

Is the only solution to inspect a global variable is to use
visual studio and install visuald plugin?

If i tell you what i'm trying to debug i bet you'll laugh
day, 1 frustration a day is plenty