Step by step tutorials for using bindings in D

eXodiquas exodiquas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:23:22 UTC 2023

On Monday, 27 March 2023 at 00:06:36 UTC, Inkrementator wrote:
> I'm surprised this worked, according to `man ld`, the -L flag
> takes a dir as input, not a full filepath. Can you please post
> your full dub config? I'm intrigued.

Hello again and thank you very much. I got it now, I got OpenGL,
ncurses, Lua and Imgui running. This is amazing.

My dub.json file looked like this:

```json
{
	"authors": [
		"eXodiquas"
	],
	"copyright": "Copyright © 2023, eXodiquas",
	"dependencies": {
		"bindbc-lua": "~>1.0.0"
	},
	"lflags": ["-L/usr/local/lib/liblua.a"],
	"versions": ["LUA_53"],
	"description": "A minimal D application.",
	"license": "proprietary",
	"name": "test"
}
```

And I don't know what I did last time but this does not work,
like you said. Maybe I forgot to save and was a bit stupid.

```json
{
	"authors": [
		"eXodiquas"
	],
	"copyright": "Copyright © 2023, eXodiquas",
	"dependencies": {
		"bindbc-lua": "~>0.5.1"
	},
	"description": "A minimal D application.",
	"libs": ["lua"],
	"license": "proprietary",
	"name": "test",
	"versions": [
		"LUA_53"
	]
}
```

This is working as it is supposed to do.

Thanks again for your time!