Log rotation in std.logger.filelogger

Andrew andrewlalisofficial at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:13:18 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 23 May 2023 at 11:21:07 UTC, apz28 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 May 2023 at 21:11:41 UTC, Vitalii wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Please tell me how to enable log rotation in
>> std.logger.filelogger? Without log rotation, it seems that the
>> std.logger.filelogger is useless, because it will quickly take
>> up all the free space on the hard drive.
>>

> Or can try my log package
> https://github.com/apz28/dlang/tree/main
> https://github.com/apz28/dlang/tree/main/source/pham/external/std/log
>
> log_logger.d
> RollingFileLogger
>
> Happy coding!

Please don't take this as an insult, as I've also written my own
logging library lol. But I have a feeling that our efforts would
be better spent in improving the standard library's
implementation rather than making our own logger. Hopefully this
will become easier in the future as issues are migrated to github
and more effort is put into organization.