What are the best available D (not C) File input/output options?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:30:45 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 2 November 2023 at 15:46:23 UTC, confuzzled wrote:

> I tried std.io but write() only outputs ubyte[] while I'm
> trying to output text so I abandoned idea early.

Just specifically to answer this, this is so you understand this
is what is going into the file -- bytes.

You should use a buffering library like iopipe to write properly
here (it handles the encoding of text for you).

And I really don't have a good formatting library, you can rely
on formattedWrite maybe. A lot of things need to be better for
this solution to be smooth, it's one of the things I have to work
on.

-Steve