What is :-) ?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:11:07 UTC 2023

On Monday, 20 November 2023 at 08:47:34 UTC, Antonio wrote:

> Now, I uncomment the ```writeln( "'Counter' is ", Counter );```
> line and compiler says
>
> ```
> /home/antonio/Devel/topbrokers/whatsapp-srv/admin/x.d(12):
> Error: function `x.Counter(int nextValue)` is not callable
> using argument types `()`
> /home/antonio/Devel/topbrokers/whatsapp-srv/admin/x.d(12):
>   too few arguments, expected 1, got 0
> ```
>
> I understand the problem with UFCS (``next`` is not using UFCS
> because it is a delegate defined in the own main() function,
> and ``Counter``` without () is treated as a function call
> because it is UFCS eligible )

`writeln( "'Counter' is ", Counter );`

this code is actually internally looks like this

`writeln( "'Counter' is ", Counter() );`

if you meant to take the function/delegate and not invoke try
`&Counter` instead, otherwise it expects the parameters.

> - What is the way to do ```writeln``` work with ```Counter```
> function the same way it works with ```next``` function?

Sorry, that's too confusing and I have no idea what you mean,
maybe if you can explain what you are trying to achieve someone
might be able to help you.