Installing DMD on Windows

Quirin Schroll qs.il.paperinik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:19:32 UTC 2023

I recently removed Visual Studio 2017 and upgraded to 2022. When
I installed the latest DMD, it told me it couldn’t find a Visual
Studio installation and offered me to download e.g. Visual Studio
2019 or just VS 2019 Build Tools, etc.

Unsure what to do, I thought VS 2019 Build Tools is probably the
most light-weight. I just removed VS 2019 Build Tools and DMD
seems to work just fine. Probably I could have gotten away with
installing nothing.

Is there something I’m missing or did the installer just not
detect VS 2022? It’s installed at `C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio\2022\Professional`, the default install location.