Profiling using Visual Studio

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:48:47 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 22 October 2023 at 13:16:11 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 October 2023 at 13:13:55 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> I would just like to share some knowledge about profiling an
>> exe using Visual Studio, since many might already have that
>> installed.
>>
>> [...]
>
> On Sunday, 22 October 2023 at 13:13:55 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>
> Just a clarification.
>
> "open Project/Solution (Ctrl+Shift+O)" means, you open the
> executable in that file dialog :)

You can also use Intel® VTune which integrates with Visual Studio
as well, however, it naturally requires you to download and
install it.

When installed, you can navigate to here after doing the process
as described for VS.

![Navigation](https://i.ibb.co/DpXWH4P/vTune.png)

If you do, you can get something similar to this:

![Intel vTune](https://i.ibb.co/Fgh9pZx/vTune.png)

This can be used to see if you can for example rewrite some code
to complexity.

For example form O(N^2) to O(T * N) or perhaps O(N log N).

It can be a really useful tool