I don't understand betterC

confused no at no.no
Sat Sep 2 03:27:51 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 2 September 2023 at 01:05:39 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> If you are looking for a better C you are not looking for
> classes
>
> You contradict yourself
>
> If you heard about betterC, then you heard about this:
> https://dlang.org/spec/betterc.html
>

> Read it again, and specially this part:
> https://dlang.org/spec/betterc.html#consequences
>
> C has no GC, therefore no class, see, your contradiction ;)

Actually, I'm not looking for C, I'm looking for *better* C. C
with classes would, in fact, be better. Except I hate C++.

In any case, I read all those links already, but D documentation
can be rather out of date sometimes, and after having found a
blog online about retaining classes in ``` betterC ```, I decided
to try it out. What that blog failed to mention was that such a
simple means of retaining classes would conflict with ``` stdc
```.

So I guess my next question is why, exactly, classes *can*, in
fact, be implemented in ``` betterC ```, but are not?