I don't understand betterC

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sat Sep 2 04:32:21 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 2 September 2023 at 03:18:31 UTC, confused wrote:
> On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 13:31:37 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>
>> You can read the documentation for object.d
>> [here](https://dlang.org/phobos/object.html). It's kind of
>> important.
>
> I'm not sure which specific part of the documentation was
> supposed to illuminate the exact nature of that error.

This was your inquiry:

> I have in fact defined a module called object. How is that
> related to this error?

And at the very top of the page it says:

> Forms the symbols available to all D programs. Includes Object,
> which is the root of the class object hierarchy. This module is
> implicitly imported.

That means there's a conflict with your module. This hasn't ever
been an issue for me, so I can't tell you precisely why it gives
that specific error message, but it explains how it's related,
per your inquiry.

The easy fix is to not name your module something other than
object.