Is it possible to create a kernel for an operating system in D?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Sep 26 04:46:39 UTC 2023

On Monday, September 25, 2023 9:31:36 PM MDT I come from chill. via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> It seems very obvious, but I have not been able to find any
> information on the subject to confirm this. So I'm wondering if
> it's possible.
>
> ** Maybe I shouldn't have created the account, literally this
> will be one of the few doubts I'll have about D :u, but it'll be
> worth it I guess **.

Yes. It's been done before. In fact, there was a talk at the most recent
dconf from someone who has been working on one:

https://dconf.org/2023/index.html#zachy

The video isn't up yet though, since the videos are currently in the process
of getting rendered and uploaded to youtube.

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rgevjorzaoeylhwiigpm@forum.dlang.org

- Jonathan M Davis