import locality with function parameters

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:29:51 UTC 2024

Hello,

I seem to recall that there is surprising template to import a
module and get a type from it inside the declaration of the type
of a parameter to a function, so that the module need not be
imported outside of the function definition. I think there was a
blog article some years ago about this where there was some
indication that this or something with equivalent effect would be
incorporated into D in some way.

How do I define a function with a parameter that is a type in an
outside module while keeping module import local to that
definition?