How to get the client's MAC address in Vibe

Mengu mengukagan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:05:57 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 22:16:54 UTC, Alexander Zhirov
wrote:
> Is there a way to identify a client by MAC address when using
> the Vibe library?
> The `NetworkAddress`
> [structure](https://vibed.org/api/vibe.core.net/NetworkAddress)
> does not provide such features. Or did I miss something?

That doesn't have anything to do with the server side if I am not
mistaken as you should receive that via the browser that actually
allows you to receive the mac address -via an extension- or some
private API exposed by the browser.

I don't know the use case but you may be better off with browser
fingerprinting if you'd like to have a unique way of identifying
the visitors. Or, if it's a local network, maybe you can use
tcpdump/libpcap.