length's type.

Kevin Bailey keraba at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 05:56:57 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 20:13:40 UTC, Gary Chike wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 20:08:24 UTC, Gary Chike wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 19:32:56 UTC, Gary Chike
>> wrote:
>
>>     double c = (double)sumArray(a, aLength) / aLength;
>
> If I don't cast explicitly:
>
> `double c = sumArray(a, aLength) / aLength;`
>
> then I will get a similar result as the D code:
>
> `Average: 9223372036854773760.00`

I don't think it's productive to compare the behavior to C. C is
now 50 years old. One would hope that D has learned a few things
in that time.

How many times does the following loop print? I ran into this
twice doing the AoC exercises. It would be nice if it Just Worked.
```
import std.stdio;

int main()
{
   char[] something = ['a', 'b', 'c'];

   for (auto i = -1; i < something.length; ++i)
         writeln("less than");

   return 0;
}
```