std.uni CodepointSet toString

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Thu Feb 8 18:43:09 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 06:22:29PM +0000, Carl Sturtivant via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 17:11:30 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Do we know why the compiler isn't getting it right?  Shouldn't we be
> > fixing it instead of just turning off elision completely?
>
> This matter seems to have been an issue for some time.
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/l5e5hm$1177$1@digitalmars.com

11 years and we still haven't fixed all the problems?!  That's ... wow.

I've recently run into the same problem myself and had to use -allinst
in order to to compile my project.  Maybe I should dustmite it and
submit a report. But given it's been 11 years, I'm not sure if this is
worth my time....

"No, John.  I want formats that are actually useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that address all questions by piling on ridiculous internal links in forms which are hideously over-complex." -- Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev