std.uni CodepointSet toString

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Feb 9 15:16:44 UTC 2024

On 09/02/2024 9:04 PM, Danilo wrote:
> Instead of bug fixing and stabilization, people concentrate on getting
> new stuff like ˋ:blubˋ into the language.

Umm, I take it that you didn't know that one of the reasons we spent the
past year focusing on bug fixing and stabilization is because of my work
trying to get shared library support resolved?

My focus is upon making D's foundations stable, and that work comes in
many forms and yes some of that is in new features which help resolve
other problems in the ecosystem.

Whether it be getting D's identifiers able to express recent C versions
and hence interoperability, making sure how we represent and work with
symbols actually work without error in common situations or just fixing
random bugs where something minor was messed up some place. They are all
stabilization and bug fixing tasks that I have some thing to do with.

People are doing what they can to make D better, and we are all aware
for those of us who actively contribute that D has a very large backlog
of bugs that need resolving.