length's type.

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Feb 9 15:19:32 UTC 2024

On Friday, 9 February 2024 at 11:00:09 UTC, thinkunix wrote:

> If your issue is that the compiler didn't catch this, shouldn't
> you
> raise the issue on a compiler internals list?  Maybe I've
> misunderstood
> the purpose of d-learn "Questions about learning and using D".

It's been discussed many, many times. The behavior is not going
to change - there won't even be a compiler warning. (You'll have
to check with the leadership for their reasons.)

I think something like this, which is such an obviously bad
design and hits so many new users, should be discussed in the
learn forum so new users are aware of what's going on.