length's type.

Gary Chike chikega at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:49:37 UTC 2024

On Friday, 9 February 2024 at 12:15:29 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2024 at 08:04:56 UTC, Danilo wrote:
>> Rust, Nim, Zig, Odin…?
>>
>> Here is the Forum for D(lang). ;)
>
> But it is fine to see what others have..
> Teach on their experience is useful
>
> This is how research is going

Thank you Sergey! I definitely appreciate the wider perspective
I've gained by peering into multiple languages.

For example, Ada, being a Wirthian language, has an N-index based
system, so indices can be negative which necessitates a return
type of a signed type for the Length attribute. Pascal, Lua, and
PL/I are other languages that are also N-index based vs just
being either 0-index(most languages) or 1-index based (eg. Julia,
Matlab, Fortran). :)