The difference between the dates in years

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 10 22:11:48 UTC 2024

Back when I was doing lots of software developer interviews, one of my
frequent questions involved date math.  This wasn't because it's
difficult from a coding standpoint, but that it's NOT a coding problem.
The key part of the question is realization that it's a requirements
question.  The thing that makes dates complicated is defining what the
question actually is.

The topic _seems_ like it should be simple, but the deeper you dig the
more you realize it's anything but simple.