length's type.

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 14:50:45 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 14 February 2024 at 00:56:21 UTC, Kevin Bailey
wrote:
> Personally, I don't have a problem with .length being unsigned.
> How do you have a negative length? My problem is that the
> language doesn't correctly compare signed and unsigned.

The length itself is technically the index of a non-existing
element right after the array. And -1 is technically the index of
a non-existing element right before the array. Hence just
mechanically reversing the direction of processing array elements
during refactoring may be potentially dangerous if one is not
careful enough.