Help optimize D solution to phone encoding problem: extremely slow performace.

Anonymouse zorael at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 08:33:24 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 13 January 2024 at 23:20:32 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> I would suggest to rewrite in the same way as Rust implemented.
> Probably you would like to try:
> [...]

I would strongly argue for profiling first instead of optimising
based on conjecture. If you profile you have solid evidence on
what is actually slow. If you're very good at analysing D,
well-educated hypotheses *may* be enough, until they suddenly
aren't and you will have spent a lot of time on the wrong problem.