Would you recommend TDPL today?

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:25:32 UTC 2024

Hi, I'm mostly a lurker in these Forums but sometimes I post here
and there, my first language was C and I still use today together
with my own library (A Helper) which is like a poor version of
STB (https://github.com/nothings/stb).

I usually use D language sometimes as C on steroids, using AA and
GC and some other features, but I never entered in this realm
very deeply.

I always wanted to dive in and I always postponed, but I decided
to go a littler deeper, and I thought about going with The D
Programming Language, but as I see it is from 2010, and I wonder
if is it a good resource to go currently?

I don't care about the age of the book, since I learned C in late
90's with Kernighan and Ritchie "The C Programming Language", but
at time C was "stable", now I think D maybe has evolved much more
in these 14 years, so I'm a bit on the fence.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,

Matheus.