Help optimize D solution to phone encoding problem: extremely slow performace.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Tue Jan 16 16:30:17 UTC 2024

P.S. Compiling my program with `ldc -O2`, it runs so fast that I
couldn't measure any meaningful running time that's greater than startup
overhead.  So I wrote a helper program to generate random phone numbers
up to 50 characters long, and found that it could encode 1 million phone
numbers in 2.2 seconds (using the 75,000 entry dictionary from your
repository).  Counting vs. printing the results made no significant
difference to this.

People tell me that I'm skeptical, but I don't believe them.