Understanding the Use of Nested Import and Selective Import in D

bomat Tempest_spam at gmx.de
Tue Jan 16 20:42:04 UTC 2024

Wow, that was... exhaustive. Thanks for that. :)
One more question that I have, though...

On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 19:05:43 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> The downside of course is that you then have import statements
> throughout your code, and they're often going to be duplicated
> throughout a module (or even within a function if you localize
> them far enough), because separate parts of the code then need
> their own local imports.

Apart from the aesthetic "clutter" of duplicate imports, will
they also put additional strain on the compiler and/or affect the
resulting binary? I mean, will the imports actually be compiled
in several times?