Providing implicit conversion of - memory-safety

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 22:41:01 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 23 January 2024 at 21:40:46 UTC, Renato wrote:
> While I can understand your frustration, it seems to me D is
> not to blame in this instance because the code is quite
> patently using unsafe constructs

I wouldn't blame bachmeier, because many reduced testcases
distilled from the real code tend to look nonsensical. The
arithmetic overflows, silent undesirable signed/unsigned casts
and other pitfalls happen in the `@safe` code too. The use of
pointers and other unsafe constructs in the provided testcase is
a red herring.