Recommendation about templating engine library

Andrea ilmanzo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:26:01 UTC 2024

Hi folks,

Working on a side project I have the need to generate text files
(mainly D source code) via a templating system. My use case is to
have some JSON data populated at runtime from an API and fill-in
placeholders in the text with the ability of doing loops over
arrays, simple conditions and so on, mostly what
https://pkg.go.dev/text/template provides for Go.

Any recommendation on a good library to use ?

I tried https://code.dlang.org/packages/temple but I don't wand
to bring in the whole vibe-d dependency ; other projects I found
in DUB like `mustache-d`, `jax` or `djinn` seems mostly
unmaintained. Opinions ?

Many thanks