Best way to use large C library in D as of 2024

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Tue Mar 26 19:24:39 UTC 2024

Hi D

I have a C library I use for work, it's maintained by an external
organization that puts it through a very through test framework.
Though source code is supplied, the intended use is to include
the header files and link against pre-compiled code.

What is the best way, as of 2024 to use this library with D, in
particular dmd?  ImportC doesn't seem like the go-to option since
the C source does not need to be complied.  I've seen some forum
post indicating that manually generated D wrappers are no longer
needed, but I'm fuzzy on the particulars.  If there's any blog
posts or other instructions you'd like to reference I'd be happy
to check them out.

For reference here's the C library in question:
https://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/toolkit_C_PC_Linux_GCC_64bit.html

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,