C-Style declarations, are they here to stay?!! Walter?

Carlos Santander csantander619 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 06:47:24 PST 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund escribió:
> Carlos Santander wrote:
>> However, I think they should go, and as others think the same way, how
>> about a plan to kiss them good bye? What if it was clearly stated in the D
>> docs something like "C style declarations will be deprecated in 2.0 and
>> completely gone in 3.0"?
>>

> No reason to keep them around that long, IMHO. :)

My rationale is that D will need more code to be ported during that time and
allowing C style declarations will help that. However, as more and more D code
is written, the need for porting will fade.

I don't know how clear I was because I don't know what else to say but I feel
it's incomplete.

--
Carlos Santander Bernal